[bfsa] FYI

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:35:22 EDT 2008

Please share this information with the entire listserve:

The 2004 Ohio Family Health Survey indicates that Columbiana, Mahoning
and Trumbull counties had uninsured rates for adults 18 years of age
and older of 18%, 15.7% and 12.1%.  Indicators suggest that uninsured
rates in these counties will continue to increase, causing a
significant impact on our local health care system.  It is time foe the
Mahoning Valley to identify solutions to the health care crisis our
community is facing.

In the spirit of collaboration, Forum Health, Humility of Mary Health
Partners, Ohio North East Health System, and Youngstown State
University Center for Urban and Regional Studies have come together to
form the Mahoning Valley Access to Care network.  This group is working
in partnership to improve access to quality and affordable health care
for all members of our community.

To reach this goal, the coalition will host an Access to Care Community
Breakfast and Summit on Friday, September 5, 2008, from 8:00 a.m. to
12:30 p.m. at Youngstown State University's Kilcawley Center Chestnut
Room.  The goals for the summit are to not only raise awareness, but to
also identify the needed characteristics of our local response to this
issue in order to be successful.

To participate please call Humility of Mary Health Partners Public
Relations Department at 330-480-3443 to RSVP for this event.  Parking
will be YSU's M-1 lot, located on Wick Avenue.  Do not hesitate get
involved today in improving the quality of life for residence of the
Mahoning Valley.

This letter was signed by:

Ron Dwinells, M. D. President and CEO of Ohio North East Health System
Lowell Johnson, President and CEO of Forum Health
Robert Shroder, President and CEO of Humility of Mary Health Parthers
and
Ronald K. Chordas, Ph.D, Associate Provost and Executive Director, PSI
YSU

Brenda Scarborough, LMTA II
Maag Library/Information Services
Youngstown State University