[URBANTH-L] New BOOK: Susan Mazur-Stommen's _Engines of Ideology: Urban Renewal in Rostock_

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Sun Apr 24 21:49:59 EDT 2005

From: Susan Mazur-Stommen <susanmazur at hotmail.com>

Dear colleagues, I also have a new book to announce (perhaps we need a
regular column;-))

Susan Mazur-Stommen
Engines of Ideology
Urban Renewal in Rostock, Germany 1990-2000
Reihe: European Studies in Culture and Policy
Bd. 2, 2005, 240 S., 29.90 EUR, br., ISBN 3-8258-6892-3
http://www.lit-verlag.de/isbn/3-8258-6892-3

"An ethnography of the practices of urban planners, politicians, and other
community actors in Rostock, this book explores the relationship between
ideology and specific architectural forms, the role of revitalization
programs with external funding in this process, and possible conclusions
regarding the future of other small cities in the Baltic region. "

Check it out!

Susan Mazur-Stommen, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Anthropologist
University of California, Riverside