[URBANTH-L]Offer of Lectures in the USA and Canada

Joel Outtes outtes at uol.com.br
Wed Feb 16 10:57:22 EST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

As I am going to attend the AAG meeting in Denver from April 5-9
(www.aag.org), I am planning to stay 15 days out of my basis here in Porto
Alegre-RS, Brazil. I will be glad to deliver lectures in universities in the
US or Canada during the period after the AAG meeting. This is to say that I
will accept invitations to lecture from April 10 to April 20. If you are
interested in this offer, please email me in the address below so that we
make arrangements. You will find topics in which I can lecture below as
well. Please feel free to forward this message to any interested parts.

Thank you in advance for any invitation.

Yours,

Joel Outtes

Prof. Dr Joel Outtes, DPhil (University of Oxford)

Head, GEST-Group for the Study of Society and Territory

UFRGS-Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul

Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil

Email:  <mailto:Outtes at uol.com.br> Outtes at uol.com.br

Possible Topics for Lectures

1. Cities Representing the Nation: Planning and Nation-Building in Brazil in
a Comparative Perspective (1855-2005).

2. At the Crossroad of Urban and Social Reform: The International Federation
for Housing and Planning and the International Union of Local Authorities in
a Comparative Perspective (1913-2005).

3. The Spatial Dynamics of Crime in the Metropolitan Region of Porto Alegre:
A Geography of Illegal Territories.

4. Economic Restructuring and its Impacts in the Metropolitan Region of
Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil.

5. The History of Housing and Housing Policies in Brazil in a Comparative
Perspective (c. 1850-2005).