[URBANTH-L]CFP: Special Katrina Issue of /Southern Cultures/

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 8 13:49:45 EST 2007

*Special Katrina Issue of /Southern Cultures/*

/ Southern Cultures/ is soliciting articles for a special issue to be
published for the 3rd anniversary of Katrina in late summer 2008.
Deadline for submissions is August 1, 2007.

We welcome articles on any aspect of the storm and its aftermath.
Prospective authors should familiarize themselves with the journalís
style and authorís guidelines. Please keep in mind that our readers are
from many academic disciplines and the interested general public.
Consequently, we are especially interested in articles that deal with
southern issues in the broadest possible way. Please see our authorís
guidelines for more information on writing for the /Southern Cultures/
audience at
http://www.unc.edu/depts/csas/southern_cultures/submit_manuscript.html.

Published for the UNC Center for the Study of the American South by UNC
Press, /Southern Cultures/ provides a rich forum of animated, informed
voices discussing all aspects of southern life. A peer-reviewed,
nonprofit quarterly, the journal features the best of academic and
general interest writing and offers a small honorarium for accepted pieces.

For more information on the journal and details on submitting a
manuscript, see the /Southern Cultures/ website at
www.southerncultures.org <http://www.southerncultures.org/>.

Sincerely,

Lisa Eveleigh

Managing Editor