[YAPA] Grading science education

robert.pendzick robert.pendzick at neomin.org
Fri Dec 16 19:53:19 EST 2005

There was a study that clearly showed that students in the US preformed better
when they lived in states near Canada.  There is a TIMMS report that shows one
clear connection for student success and that is family income. (Worldwide!)

I guess we have a question "Does having a high grade in this report coincide
with success measures of students in science?
My guess is it does not, since it is very hard to move an average....
and so why has such an effort been put into these "creations"?

Robert Pendzick

>===== Original Message From Sharon Shanks <slshanks at ysu.edu> =====
>----- Forwarded message from michael crescimanno <mcrescim at cc.ysu.edu> -----
>    Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:58:16 -0500
>    From: michael crescimanno <mcrescim at cc.ysu.edu>
> Subject: Re: [YAPA] Grading science education
>      To: Sharon Shanks <slshanks at ysu.edu>, "Trittmann, Uwe"
><UTrittmann at otterbein.edu>, "Elizabeth K. Mann" <emann at kent.edu>,
>jeschonnek.1 at osu.edu, cjohlem at uakron.edu, brtrees at owu.edu, "Trexler,
Frederick
>D." <ftrexler at arbor.edu>, rwb at cwru.edu
>
>Sharon Shanks wrote:
>
>>Interesting article. Ohio gets a "B" grade - what do you think? Too high?
Too