[YAPA] YAPA Meeting

wsturrus at cc.ysu.edu wsturrus at cc.ysu.edu
Mon Nov 13 13:45:29 EST 2006

									November 13, 2006

Howdy folks,

     Well butter my biscuits, the next YAPA meeting is fast approaching and will
be held on Thursday, November 16, at YSU in room 2026. The meeting begins at
7:00pm sharp so do not be late! As usual there will be snacks and drinks to
start off with and giveaways at the end. We hope to see all of you at this
meeting and would like to encourage anyone who has not attended a YAPA meeting
to come. There are always interesting demos and new concepts to ponder (For
example, at our last meeting in Columbiana-why did the fluorescent light bulb
have alternating strips of light and dark spots after touching it to a plasma
lamp?).
     Feel free to share demos, websites, books or possible field trips (for your
students). Debbie will be talking about magic lanterns and optical toys at the
next meeting. Mike C. will probably have another ingenious topic that will top
Einstein’s theory of relativity. We look forward to seeing you at the next
meeting.

Roy and Gregg