[YAPA] YAPA meeting- Monday Nov 19th-- Comet Viewing?

Roy McCullough rmccullo at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:19:22 EST 2007

Fellow YAPA members,

In case you haven't heard, Comet Holmes, normally a 17th magnitude comet orbiting between Mars and Jupiter,  brightened to nearly 2nd magnitude within a couple of days about 3 weeks ago.... The dust cloud surrounding it is now over 7 times the diameter of Jupiter. The angular size is about that of the moon... If we have a clear night, we will look at it through binoculars and small telescopes... If cloudy, Jodi and I will share some of the pictures we've taken.

As turkey day approaches, you may wish to share recipes on how to use up the extra energy you consume.  Roy will share the building of a Newton's cradle/energy demonstration apparatus.

Come and join in the sharing of physical science ideas.

Hope to see everyone at YSU on Monday the 19th at 7:00 P.M.

Gregg and Roy