[YAPA] YAPA 2008-2009

Roy McCullough rmccullo at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:15:25 EDT 2008

Welcome back everyone, The great and honorable Gregg is on sabatical this year, so Mike Crescimanno has graciously agreed to help organize this year's activities. It was suggested that we move our location to view other schools, so we're giving that a try.  The tentative schedule is: September 17 at YSUOctober 15 at Canfield HighNovember 10 at YSUDecember 10 at Poland Seminary HighJanuary 20 at YSUFebruary 10 at Jackson-Milton HighMarch 3 at YSUApril 14 at Leetonia High  (This is the week after Easter, if a problem, we'll revise.)May 12 at YSU As you are all aware, YAPA's goal is to enhance scientific teaching in the greater Youngstown area.  We meet starting at about 7:00 P.M. and share ideas, new equipment, help each other with repairs, etc.  The first meeting we tend to share ideas about mechanics.  However, anything is fair game...Jodi plans to share a modern physics rap at the first meeting.  I've picked up some good give aways over the summer. Hope you can fit us into your schedule! Roy and Mike