[YAPA] March meeting

Roy McCullough rmccullo at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:40:42 EST 2010

A quick reminder that March’s YAPA meeting is at YSU Thursday March 4 at 7:00.
That night, at the same time, Brother Guy Consolmagno will be speaking in the Ward Beecher Planetarium about the misconception that science and religion are in a conflict of beliefs see( http://www.cc.ysu.edu/physics-astro/WBP2010Schedule.pdf ) …If you feel we should start our meeting with that talk, please let me know… I will tally the opinions of those who respond and get back to everyone about how things might run that night.

Roy

YAPA notes February Meeting

What you missed:

Dick Zitto shared several items some from Arbor Scientific- their color mixing box, grow lens cubes and grow lens spheres (which all those who came took some home),  others from his personal collection (color mixing with lights from the Dollar Tree), etc.   Mike Crescimanno shared the radioactive decay materials that he has since emailed you about, and started a discussion of how to increase YAPA attendance…

A suggestion that is being looked into is to have the county service centers give their acceptance of YAPA attendance for professional development toward licensure.  If this is something that would increase your likelihood of attendance, please let us know.

Robert Pendzik shared a ball he had found that day with materials suspended within that showed interesting inertia traits.   Roy McCullough shared a PVC knockoff of an old fashioned static electricity toy known as a Mystik.