[YAPA] Physics from NASA

Sharon Shanks slshanks at ysu.edu
Mon Mar 21 11:13:16 EDT 2011

>From the most recent NASA Education Express message. I'd love to be
able to give you the url so you could sign up, but I can't find it. I
signed up before NASA redesigned its web site and made it unusable.

Sharon

Free Webcasts-- Physics Phundamentals

Join educators Rachel Power and Joshua Santora from NASA’s Kennedy
Space Center in Florida as they explore what happens when physics and
fun collide. Become a virtual member of the audience at Busch Gardens
Tampa during this full velocity Physics Phundamentals show, which is
offered exclusively to Physics Day students.

Each 30-minute show is designed to show students how physics is
something that is encountered constantly. Topics such as
action/reaction (Newton’s Second Law), combustion/propulsion,
kinetic/potential energy, states of matter/phase change, inelastic
collisions and sound waves will be covered in each show.

Four webcasts will take place on March 24, 2011. Shows will begin at
9:30 a.m. EDT, 10:30 a.m. EDT, 11:30 a.m. EDT, and 12:30 p.m. EDT.

For more information and to watch the webcasts, visit http://dln.nasa.gov/dln/.

Questions about the Physics Phundamentals webcasts should be e-mailed
to Rachel Power at Rachel.B.Power at nasa.gov.