[YAPA] FW: FREE waves & Sound workshop for physical Science/physics teachers (1st 5 yrs) oct 8 KSU OS/AAPT

Roy McCullough rmccullo at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 29 19:23:25 EDT 2011

 Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:50:24 -0700
From: gleaster at sbcglobal.net
Subject: Fw: FREE waves & Sound workshop for physical Science/physics teachers (1st 5 yrs) oct 8 KSU OS/AAPT
To: rmccullo at hotmail.com
CC: gleaster at sbcglobal.net

Roy
 Please
 forward to physical science/ physics teachers. There is a Youngstown list serve, how do I send to it?  Thanks Gene

Teaching
Physical Science/ Physics for the First Time(s)

Part 3:  Waves and Sound.

FREE!   FREE!
FREE!

Ride the wild waves,
conduct a symphony of activities and get on the right wavelength.  We’ll review the basics of waves and
sound in a way that is sure to resonate with your students. This workshop is
based on Teaching Physics for the First Time manual from AAPT but is intended for teachers in their first 5
years of teaching physical science/ physics.

Free stuff Includes:

One-year
membership to the Ohio Section AAPT*

Make & Take
materials

DVD of Wave and
Sound lessons and resources

Materials from the
Perimeter Institute

* free one year membership to
teachers with 5 or fewer years teaching

Join
us at the Saturday October 8 meeting
of the Ohio Section of the American Association of Physics Teachers at Kent State, Kent, OH, 44242.   Park at Lot 5 near Smith Hall on
East Summit Street (back side of Campus)

Agenda

8:30 - 9:00 am Continental
breakfast and registration.  (Pre-order Lunch )

9:00 - 9:10             Welcome

9:10 - 10:45  Demo show

11:00 - 11:20 Square One
followed by the business meeting.

11:40 – 12:00 Workshop Lunch

(brown bag or
pre-order from Student Center)

12:00 – 3:00  Sound & Wave Workshop

3:00               Give-away
and meeting end.

RSVP email GLeaster at sbcglobal.net   include you name________________,
taught  by  Oct 5.

Hope to see you there! Gene & Bill

 Brushfire Science Consultants
Gene and Linda Easter
330-928-6691
540 S. Ridgecliff St. Tallmadge, Oh 44278

Education is not filling a bucket, but starting a fire. - William Butler Yeats