[YAPA] meeting update

Cynthia A Smotzer casmotzer at ysu.edu
Tue Nov 19 15:42:50 EST 2013

At the October meeting, there was discussion about reviving "make and takes". In response, Jodi brought a Cartesean Diver make and take idea. They are made using bottles Jodi discovered that are quite cylindrical and are smooth sided. She has been collecting them for YAPA. She and Roy have purchased "fizz keepers" for the tops of the bottles. They are easy to make and wonderful visualization for density!

If anyone interested in making these, we will have the pieces available to assemble them at the meeting tomorrow. (Roy is adding a indemnity clause here....the fizz keepers should be here in time for the meeting, but we will have all the other pieces) Please bring $4 to cover the cost of the fizz keepers, bottles, brass fittings and pipettes.

If you can't attend tomorrow and would like to make a Cartesean Diver, we will be making them again at the Feb meeting which will be Feb 20 at 5 pm at Poland High School (Rebecca Sobinovsky is hosting).

Thanks,

Cindy