[Ysu-academic-senate] Message from Chet Cooper: United Way Challenge

Robert Hogue rahogue at ysu.edu
Thu Nov 5 16:05:02 EST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

In Senate yesterday, I challenged members to attend the Women's
Basketball game Friday night at 7:00 PM, the Women's Volleyball game on
Sunday at 2:00 PM, and next Saturday's football game at 1:00 PM   I
committed to donating $1.00 to the YSU United Way Campaign for each
event that each Senator attends. I also challenged others to make the
same commitment.  I hope you will take me seriously and support this
effort.

In that regard, I am pleased to announce that Drs. Ken Learman and Bob
Hogue have taken up the challenge to match my donation. Thanks, Ken and
Bob!  I would be very pleased to see others join us in this effort.
Every little bit that we give back to the community helps us all.

If you do attend the basketball or volleyball game, let me know.  I'll
be visible and have a list to check off your attendance.  Obviously,
I'll be much harder to find at the football game.  Therefore, if you
attend the football game, bring/send/show me your ticket stub for
verification.

Again, thanks for your support and I hope to see you at the games!

Cheers,

Chet
Chair, Academic Senate
--