[Ysu-academic-senate] Supporting material for General Education Proposal

Bob Hogue rahogue at ysu.edu
Mon Nov 29 22:03:18 EST 2010

Tod Porter, coordinator of General Education, asked that the following
message be sent to members of the Academic Senate. This is related to the
December 1 agenda item on requiring the uploading of written assignments:

I've been working with Angela Messenger, Kevin Ball, and Gary Salvner on
support documents for using the repository. The first page of the file ROAD
Upload Instructions includes a draft of the instructions to be given to
students. The second page, which was written for faculty, is a set of
guidelines for selecting which assignments to upload. I have also attached
the rubric which Angela, Kevin, Gary, and Alan Tomhave adapted from the
Written Communication VALUE Rubric distributed by the Association of
American Colleges and Universities. I was hoping the files could be e-mailed
to the members of the Senate to provide them with background information.