[Ysu-academic-senate] Information for Academic Senate Meeting tomorrow

Carol M. Lamb cmlamb at ysu.edu
Tue Sep 3 18:29:03 EDT 2013

Colleagues,

I wish to welcome you to a new academic year and to remind you that the first meeting of the 2013-2014 Academic Senate will be held on Wednesday, September 4th at 4:00 PM in the DeBartolo Hall Auditorium (Room 122).  As a college/departmental, administrative, and student representative, I strongly urge you to mark 4:00 PM on the first Wednesdays  of each month on your calendars as a reminder to attend Senate meetings.  We will have many challenges before us this coming academic year and your input will be crucial.  Please make every effort to attend these meetings.

The agenda for the meeting has been posted to the Senate web page at http://ysu.edu/acad-senate/1314/sep13age.pdf.  Please note that several actions need to be taken:

  *   Nominations for 2014 Senate Chair [must be a current Senator]
  *   Nominations for members of Charter and By-Laws (inadvertently omitted): please consider being nominated – all college representative positions are open [all full-time faculty are eligible]
  *   Nominations for Elections and Balloting Committee: please consider being nominated – all college representative positions except HHS are open [all full-time faculty are eligible]
  *   Nominations for Executive Committee: positions are open for a representative from the WCBA (2013-2016) and CLASS (2012-2015) [must be a current Senator]
  *   Nomination for Alternate representative to the Ohio Faculty Council (2013-2015) [all full-time faculty are eligible]
  *   Under new business, a proposed By-Law change (see attachment to this announcement)

In addition to the above business, YSU President Randy Dunn will address the Senate.

I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

Cheers,

Chet Cooper, Chair
Academic Senate

--