[Ysu-academic-senate] Presidential Candidate Forums

Chet Cooper crcooper01 at ysu.edu
Wed Apr 30 08:45:17 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

You may now know that the finalists for the YSU presidency will be on campus next week.  There are forums set for interacting with each of the candidates.  One forum has been set from 7AM-8AM, Monday through Wednesday (5/5-5/7) for faculty, chairs, and Senate members.  These sessions will be held in the Board Room in Tod Hall.  I understand coffee will be made available, and perhaps pastries as well.

I know that this time frame is not optimal for some (I have received several complaints), but it is my understanding that this time was chosen so as not to interfere with faculty needing to be present for final exams.  As an alternative, I suggest that if you cannot attend the 7AM session, that you consider attending a University community forum.  These sessions will be held on the same days at 2PM-3PM in the Tod Hall Board Room.

The candidates that will be on campus are as follows:

Monday, 5/5: James P. Tressel
Tuesday, 5/6: Gary L. Miller
Wednesday, 5/7: Mary Cullinan

The resumes of each candidate can be reviewed at the following URL:  http://web.ysu.edu/presidentialsearch

I strongly encourage all of you to attend one or more of the sessions to hear and query each of the candidates.   It is in the best interest of our institution that, to the extent possible, all of us become actively engaged in this critically important process.

Best Regards,

Chet Cooper, Chair
Academic Senate

--