[Ysu-academic-senate] Campus Climate Presentation

Chet Cooper crcooper01 at ysu.edu
Tue Nov 1 18:00:47 EDT 2016

Dear Senators,

Tomorrow, there will be an important presentation during the Senate meeting provided by Ms. Hillary Furhman.  She will provide some details regarding the analysis of the comments collected from the recent Campus Climate Survey Forums.  A copy of her report will be provided following her presentation.

The analysis provides a number of items for consideration for action.  To move forward in implementing these action items, the Senate and YSU’s Senior Leadership will form a small steering committee comprised of faculty, staff, students, and members of the administration.  This committee will begin work immediately to address the challenges identified by the Campus Climate Survey and the comments received during the various forums.

In addition, two open sessions will be held for the university community to attend and ask questions.  These sessions will be held as follows:

•        Monday, November 7 at 4:00 pm – Board of Trustees meeting room, Tod Hall
•        Tuesday, November 8 at 12 noon – James Gallery, Kilcawley Center

I strongly urge you to attend tomorrow’s meeting and participate in this conversation.

Thanks to all of you for what you do for our university.

Cheers,

Chet

--
Chester R. Cooper, Jr., Ph.D.
Professor, Biological Sciences

Voice/Phone: 330.941.1361

Notice: This electronic mail transmission may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential.  This information is intended for the use of the named individual(s) or entity to which it is directed.  It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, anyone other than the named addressee and should not be copied or forwarded to any unauthorized persons without prior notification of the author.  If you believe that you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify me by reply e-mail or via the above listed telephone number prior to deleting this message from your system.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Disclaimer: On occasion, it is possible that  attachments may be inadvertently included that do not wholly comply with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).  If a recipient of this email receives such a document, but requires one that fully meets ADA standards, please contact me at your earliest convenience.  I will send a compliant document as soon as practical.