[Ysu-academic-senate] This Week's Senate Discussion Items

Chet Cooper crcooper01 at ysu.edu
Mon Oct 2 06:59:28 EDT 2017

Dear Senators,

I look forward to seeing you at this week’s Senate meeting which begins promptly at 4:00 PM, Wednesday, October 4th, in the DeBartolo Hall Auditorium.  Please be sure to sign in upon entering the auditorium.

I apologize for the delay in getting the agenda out to you.  It should be posted today.  Recently, the Senate Executive Committee had some input into the items up for discussion.

There shall be two important business matters coming before you.

First, Dr. Kevin Ball will present an outline of the revised Program Review Process.  Materials for this presentation should be posted along with the agenda.

Second, the YES Committee has posted a proposed Shared Governance Draft.  This document, which has been out for review by the University community and has been revised based upon all the comments received, will be up for discussion.  We ask that “wordsmithing” not be part of the discussion, but rather ask for comments regarding the overall framework.  The Committee sees the approval of this or a similar draft as a foundational document upon which future University-related actions, proposals, policies, and procedures are based.  In addition, this draft document is being discussed today at the meeting of the Student Government Association and has been introduced to the Board of Trustees for their consideration.  The YES Committee is looking for the Senate to endorse this draft or a similar version of it.

Again, thanks for your active engagement in the role the Senate plays in the academic environment here at YSU.

Cheers,

Chet

--
Chester R. Cooper, Jr., Ph.D.
Professor, Biological Sciences

Voice/Phone: 330.941.1361

Notice: This electronic mail transmission may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential.  This information is intended for the use of the named individual(s) or entity to which it is directed. This message and the information contained therein is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, anyone other than the named addressee and should not be copied or forwarded in any manner to any unauthorized person(s) or social medium without prior notification of the author.  If you believe that you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify me by reply e-mail or via the above listed telephone number prior to deleting this message from your system.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Disclaimer: On occasion, it is possible that attachments may be inadvertently included that do not wholly comply with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).  If a recipient of this email receives such a document, but requires one that fully meets ADA standards, please contact me at your earliest convenience.  I will send a compliant document as soon as practical.