[YSU-Academic-Senate] Senate No Confidence Resolutions

Edmund C Ickert ecickert at ysu.edu
Mon Dec 18 16:03:49 EST 2023

Forwarded message from Dr Chet Cooper regarding the No Confidence Votes (Please see attached No Confidence Resolutions):

Dear Senators,

I am transmitting two documents - both resolutions of no confidence that were presented to the body on December 6, 2023.  Voting on these resolutions concluded on December 16, 2023 with seventy-seven (77) out of the ninety-five (95) members of the Academic Senate submitting ballots.  The results are as follows:

  *   Resolution of No Confidence in Presidential Search Process as led by the Youngstown State University Board of Trustees and Vice President of Student Affairs, Institutional Effectiveness, and Board Professional Mike Sherman
     *   For the resolution: 60
     *   Against the resolution: 13
     *   Abstain: 4

  *   Resolution of No Confidence in President Designee Bill Johnson
     *   For the resolution: 45
     *   Against the resolution: 23
     *   Abstain: 9

Should you have any questions regarding this matter, I would be pleased to respond.

Sincerely,

Chet Cooper, Chair

YSU Academic Senate

Chester R. Cooper, Jr., Ph.D.
Professor, Biological Sciences

Department of Chemical and Biological Sciences
Youngstown State University
1 Tressel Way
Youngstown, OH  44555

Tel./Voice: 330.941.1361
Email: crcooper01 at ysu.edu<mailto:crcooper01 at ysu.edu>

Edmund C Ickert, PT, DPT, PhD, CLT

Certified Lymphedema Therapist

Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy

Department of Graduate Studies in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences

Secretary, Academic Senate

Youngstown State University

Youngstown, OH 44555

Cushwa Hall, B326