[bfsa] Emergency Meeting of BFSA

Cameron Hughes cahughes at cc.ysu.edu
Wed Aug 31 09:16:48 EDT 2005

We are holding a special meeting today at 4:00 p.m. in room 2068 in
Kilcawley in reference to the removal of Dr. Noah Midamba (The
administrator for International Studies) from his position. We realize
this is terribly short notice, but the strike has thrown everything off.

At this meeting we will plan several methods of communicating to the
Administration our outrage at Dr. Midamba's dismissal. We are calling on
as many as can come to this meeting to come with creativity and ideas.
We hope that it is not to late for the University to reconsider their
decision not to  renew his contract.Dr. Midamba has been an inspiration
and impeccable resource to many YSU faculty, staff and students. His
service to YSU has been exemplary. His credentials are stellar and his
mere presence at YSU has bolstered the University's prestige. The rumor
is he is being let go because of his connection to the
previous Provost.  The emphasis is on the word rumor.  We don't have an
offical/legitimate reason from the University as to why he is being
removed.

It would be tragic if our organization stands by silently and allows Dr.
Midamba to be removed in this fashion.  His loss would be a set back to
us all. If a man with his credentials and service to this University has
no job security, then none us do.

Please attend if you can