[bfsa] Congratulatory wishes

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Mon Jan 10 10:53:47 EST 2005

 FYI
        I was nominated by William Blake, thank you Bill, to be
considered for  The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Governor's Humanitarian
Award 2005, in October of 2004.   The Ohio Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Holiday Commission notified me by mail that I had been selected to
receive this award. Reading that letter was the most humbling moment of
my life.  Pride, excitement, disbelief, are only a few of the emotions I
was feeling as I kept reading those words that were addressed to me.
    All I have ever wanted was to do a little good in the neighborhood
and give back to the community were I live and work.   I will accept
this award on Thursday with great pride & honor and I will bring it home
to the Mahoning Valley Region,  the City of Youngstown, and the Black
Faculty & Staff Association @ Youngstown State University.
    I thank each and everyone of my sisters & brothers for you love,
support and best wishes.  It means so very much to me just knowing that
you are there.  Without you, I couldn't have realized the success of my
endeavors.  WE can not "B" without "U"!