[bfsa] Progress

Rosa Maria Vega rmvega at ysu.edu
Wed May 25 16:01:50 EDT 2005

I can not believe you, Cameron!

-----Original Message-----
From: bfsa-bounces at lists.ysu.edu [mailto:bfsa-bounces at lists.ysu.edu] On
Behalf Of Cameron Hughes
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:42 PM
To: Hasheen Wilson
Cc: 'YSU Black Faculty and Staff Association private mailing bfsa at lists';
logicworld at sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [bfsa] Progress

I disagree!!!

Chingy, Ludacris, 50 cent,Snoop,Lil Kim, Mystical, Fat Joe, Dr Dre, etc.,
all make it clear song after song that we are niggaz. Every Cd I have by
them all use the word nigga in an endearing way.

The rappers can't be wrong! So Webster must be!

I think we should keep the word nigger in the dictionary and just put a rap
spin on it. (i.e. change it from nigger to nigga with the plural niggaz).
As in:

S'up my nigga
Nigga pleez
Yo mayng dat nigga be trippin'
Dat lil bad nigga from cross da street
Dem niggaz is all tow up.

Let's face it without the words Nigga (Nigger) and Bya-itch (Bitch)
what else would have to call each other.

How dare Webster consider a change!

You gotta have niggatude. All niggaz have niggatude, that's what keeps
you going each day.  As a matter fact I have a song by Snoop called
nigga for life.  In that song he says "we can change our hair and change
our clothes, change our face and change our nose, no matta  what chu do
you a nigga for life."

I say we take a vote.

All in favor of remaining niggaz.... say yaow

P.S.

Clearly this e-mail is meant in a sarcastic/cynical way.And is meant
to give you something else to think about.  If any of you out there take
it for anything other than my usual sense of sarcasm we gone have words.

Obviously webster should have did what they did. However,
I think Webster needs to do alot more than what they are doing.
As usual a day late and a dollar short.

Its amazing that we are still dealing with any of this in the year
2005.

Peace out....