[bfsa] Status of BFSA

Robin Bradley rsbradley at ysu.edu
Fri Oct 21 15:34:17 EDT 2005

Interdepartmental Memorandum

Black Faculty and Staff Association

Youngstown State University

One University Plaza

Youngstown, Ohio  44555

To:       BFSA

From:  The Executive Council of BFSA

Date:    October 21, 2005

Re:       The Status of BFSA

By this communication, the BFSA Executive Council unanimously requests that
the group scheduled to meet this afternoon structure an independent
organization or taskforce that will meet their respective needs.  Our
concern centers on the desire that the immediate needs of the aforementioned
group be addressed.

Reforming BFSA is another matter and is the exclusive province of that
organization.  So, that we can move beyond personalities and deal with
issues, BFSA will continue to operate as they are currently organized and
will allow their committee structure to address any reformation issues over
the course of the 2005/2006 school year.  Members of BFSA are committed to
working with various partners and trust that healthy relations between the
proposed groups/taskforce will flourish.

            We believe that everyone has the right to organize as they
please.   Therefore, we would like to suggest the following:

1.  That the individuals that have been meeting of late to discuss special
topic issues organize as an independent organization or taskforce.

2.	That this new organization or taskforce operate under a separate
name.

3.	That this new organization or taskforce hold elections to seat their
officers.

4.	That this new organization or taskforce construct a constitution and
by-laws that meet their respective needs.

The following are a list of possible names for this new organization or task
force. (Provided only as suggestions).

*	The YSU Commission on Racial Parity, Equity and Employment Practices

*	The Task Force on Racial Parity and Employment at YSU.

*	YSU Commission on Racial Parity and Equity in Employment

*	Citizens Concerned with Racial Parity and Employment Practices at
YSU

Regarding the BFSA website, which is under our supervision, we ask that
Cameron Hughes continue to be the Webmaster; however, if this is not
feasible, we ask that the necessary information needed to maintain this
website be passed on to the BFSA Executive Council.

Our suggestions herein are provided in order to bring unity and harmony to
the efforts currently underway dealing with employment practices.  There has
been a great divide among BFSA members of late and consequently
communications between and among several factions have soured.  We represent
a great people and consensus has been the proven method through which we
have achieved many great and noble accomplishments in the past.  We can
press forward in harmony knowing that there are always many different means
of achieving success.  The BFSA is pleased to encourage you as you proceed
and wish you the very best as you champion the human, civil and employment
rights of YSU employees.

Feel free to contact Mr. William Blake, BFSA President, at x-2086 with any
concerns or questions.