[bfsa] Urgent Meeting of the B.F.S.A on 9-16-2005

Tom N. Oder tnoder at ysu.edu
Fri Sep 16 11:45:34 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I came across some statistics that may be useful to those who will meet with
Dr. Sweet:
1. About 44% of residents in Youngstown are African-American.
2. 90.1 percent of YSU's employees are white, ranking fifth highest among
the state's 11 major, four-year
public universities. About 6% of employees are African American, ranking
seventh in the
state.[From http://www.ysu.edu/trustees/June2005.pdf]. As we all know, of
these, there is no dean/chair who is black.
3. From the above link, Sweet said the university will continue to make
efforts to increase the number of minority candidates in applicant pools. He
seems to be doing the converse in Midamba's case and other such cases
alluded to in the last meeting.

I am afraid I will not be able to attend the meeting due to doctor's
appointment.

Thanks,

Tom Oder