[bfsa] Invitation to Kupita/Transiciones Event

Victor Wan-Tatah vfwantatah at ysu.edu
Fri Aug 25 14:47:59 EDT 2006

Fellow Colleagues:
It is my distinguished pleasure to welcome all of you back to the
University for the new  academic year. This promises to be a year of
great expectations and hope because of the task we set for ourselves
last spring to develop a comprehensive document identifying critical
areas of concern to our constituency in relation to diversity. There is
a Diversity Council that is managed by the administration, but the
issues that  are addressed by it  do not always reflect our  experiences
and needs. That, in short is the reason why we agreed to partner with
the administration  to develop a blueprint for a partnership, based on
our specific, immediate and longterm systemic concerns.
I invite those of you who have not been involved in the process so far
to join  a committee of their professional category. More information on
this project will be made available to everyone from our secretary, Rosa
Vega in the not too distant future.

A special welcome is extended to our new faculty members.They  include
Ms. Carmella Hill- Counseling  and Special  Education, Dr. Priscilla
Gitimu- Human Ecology, Dr.Denise Narcisse-Sociology and Anthropology,
Mr. Frank Ingram, III- Mathematics and Statistics, Ms. Cynthia Daniels-
Nursing,  and Dr. Benjamin McGee- Counseling and Special Education. BFSA
will offically welcome our new members at a date to be determined soon.

Finally, you all are invited to a student diversity event  at  the start
of the new school year on Monday, first day of school, by the Office of
Student Diversity. The program begins at 2:00 p.m. in the Ohio Room,
Kilcawley Center, and lasts until 4:00 p.m. Please stop by if you can.
Your participation is anticipated.
Welcome back, and see you soon.

Victor Wan-Tatah,
President