[bfsa] FYI: Voices & Choices Regional Town Hall Meeting 9/16/06

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Mon Jul 24 11:03:47 EDT 2006

July 24, 2006

Dear Friend,

Over the past year, nearly 20,000 people from the region have
participated in identifying the top challenges facing Northeast Ohio.
Six challenges have emerged that we need to overcome in order to create
a better future for our region.

You may not have had the chance to participate in a community
conversation which discussed these six challenges. Now, is your chance
to still be a contributor of something significant that is happening in
the Northeast Ohio area. As someone who cares about the future of our
region, I know you would like to be a part in the Voices & Choices
initiative.

Voices & Choices is asking you to vote online about what we should do to
address these challenges. You can vote on an option within one or more
challenges by responding to an online "Choicebook."  You can vote at
http://www.voiceschoices.org/choicebook.

The Choicebooks provide information about the tough choices facing our
region, and then ask you how we should invest our resources to respond
to these choices. Your votes will help the fund for Our Economic Future
determine how to invest out $30,000,000 in funds from our regional
philanthropies to jump start solutions to the challenges we face.

Lastly, on September 16, in Akron, Ohio hundreds of people from across
the region will gather at a Northeast Ohio Town Meeting. This will be an
additional opportunity to make decisions about our regional priorities.
The agenda for the Town Meeting will be based on votes from the
Choicebooks. You can register for the Regional Town Meeting at the
Voices & Choices website, http://www.voiceschoices.org
<http://www.voiceschoices.org/>.

I hope you will join me in taking part in this important initiative.
Please pass this message on to your friends, family members and
co-workers who care about the future of our region.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at jtbrown at ysu.edu
<mailto:jtbrown at ysu.edu> or 330-941-2499.

Thank You,

Jamael Tito Brown