[bfsa] Sharing: Dr. West YSU Visit

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Thu Aug 16 10:39:11 EDT 2007

Correction. Dr. West will not be coming to YSU in February, but
September since his February schedule could not permit.

However, since the University will be celebrating its centennial
throughout 2008, President Sweet, Dr. McCloud and I felt that we could
still accommodate him in September as part of the year-long
celebration.
   The agreement was finalized yesterday morning. Yes, he will be
coming as a Skeggs lecturer. Other speakers and events will be put
together under the auspices of Ms. Pam Palumbo. As far as Dr. West's
visit is concerned, Dr. McCloud and I will be putting together a
committee to formulate details of his visit on campus, representing
various campus constituencies, soon after school resumes.

On another note of excitement, Dr. Julia Hare will be the keynote
speaker during our celebration of African American History Month in
2008.  Details later.

More to come.

Victor Wan-Tatah

Brenda Scarborough, LMTA II