[bfsa] FYI KSU Celebration

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Tue Jan 15 11:35:25 EST 2008

ROMINE, RENEE wrote:

On January 24, the Kent State University will celebrate the life and
work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. This year we have chosen to shorten
the program and begin in the afternoon.  The committee is pleased to
announce that, as part of this year's program, the university will
welcome Dr. Michael Eric Dyson as the keynote speaker.  This special
program, which is free and open to the public, will be held in the Kent
Student Center Ballroom from 1 - 4 p.m.

>Dr. Dyson is a renowned author and scholar but he is just as widely
know for being a media commentator and from his appearances on such
diverse television programs as: The Today Show, Nightline, The Tavis
Smiley Show, Real Time with Bill Maher, Def Poetry Jam, Rap City, The
Colbert Report and The O'Reilly Factor, to name just a few, in addition
to being the host of his own syndicated radio program: The Michael Eric
Dyson Show.

>Dr. Dyson's keynote address will be on "Martin Luther King for the 21st
Century." After the program Dr. Dyson will be available for a book
signing and reception. Come out and celebrate the remarkable
achievements and legacy of Martin Luther King at Kent State University.

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to call or
send me an email.

>Sincerely,

Renee Romine
Training and Development Associate