[bfsa] Fwd: East Ohio Gas is having a public hearing to pass increase onto

Sherri Lovelace-Cameron srlovelacecameron at ysu.edu
Sun Jul 27 18:53:50 EDT 2008

lwmacii at aol.com wrote:

>I'm writing to inform each of you that there is a one-time "only"
meeting with representatives from Dominion East Ohio Gas at Youngstown
city hall to discuss raising the "Flat_Rate" of natural gas for all
Youngstown consumers, regardless of usage or not from $5 to $17.? It
doesn't seem like much, but imagine the hardship on those of us that
are on fixed incomes (without cost of living raises) trying to meet our
financial obligations with not break in sight.

>?
>
>Please come and encourage any and all of your friends to come that can
come to demonstrate the feeling of each of us that can not afford a
raise such as this.? Each consumer is looking at paying $144 extra a
year, whether you consume gas or not during the summer months that's
nearly $8 million dollars they will make just from the increase for the
city of Youngstown, alone.?

> Again, it does not matter if you use gas in your home during the hot
months or not, we all incur the increase.? Wouldn't it be nice if we
were able to take that much money a year and help folks and families
that really need help or even create a business?that would hire 20
people at fair wages per year?

>This is a righteous cause, ,we must speak truth to power, especially on
behalf of those most effected and affected?- the elderly, the poor, the
disabled.

>Come to City Hall Monday, July 28, 2008, for this public meeting .
Spending one hour can?save $144 dollars! They will repsond to the
expressed sentiment of the public, it only makes sense for us to make
our opinion known. PLease encourage your family, friends and people of
the faith to spread the news and commit to being present. Filling
those?Chambers with our presence will send a clear message.

>Hope to see you among the the crowd of witnessess.
>

>Pastor Macklin
>?

Sherri Lovelace-Cameron    Asso. Prof.
Youngstown State Univ.  Chemistry Dept.