[bfsa] FYI

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Mon Jun 16 08:51:16 EDT 2008

From: Elizabeth Nohra [mailto:director at valleykids.org]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 3:49 PM
To: Elizabeth Nohra
Subject: Please pass on to anyone with kids!

Join the Children’s Museum of the Valley on Tuesday, June 17 anytime
from 10:00-4:30 as we celebrate “One Book, One Community” in
partnership with our friends at the Public Library of Youngstown and
Mahoning County, First Book and SMARTS. We’ll be reading books in the
Five Little Monkeys series by author Eileen Christelow and providing
fun activities for kids all day long! Regular admission is $5 per
person. Children under 3 and museum members are free!

Schedule of Events for Monkeying Around Day:

10:00 a.m.: Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do

. Experiments with Baking Soda and Vinegar

·      Bubblemania!!!

11:00 a.m.: Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

·        Parachute Activity

·        Jumping Games

12:30: Five Little Monkeys bake a birthday cake in Don’t Wake Mama”

·        Super fun science recipes

·        Frosting cupcakes

1:30: Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car

·        Build your own “monkey mobile”

·        Bubblemania!

2:30: Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree

·        Alligator puppets

·        Alligator musical activity

3:30: Five Little Monkeys Play Hide-and-Seek

·        Museum Scavenger Hunt!!

The Children’s Museum is located at 139 E. Boardman Street in downtown
Youngstown, Ohio on the corner of Boardman and Walnut Streets. Parking
is available for a reduced fee (pay at museum) in the USA Parking Deck
with public entrance on Champion Street.

For more information, call 330-744-5914 or send email to
info at valleykids.org.

Brenda Scarborough, LMTA II
Maag Library/Information Services
Youngstown State University