[bfsa] Neighborhood Canvassing Update

Dr. Akpadock fakpadock at ysu.edu
Fri Nov 14 10:04:53 EST 2008

Hi All:
What I'm going to say here is a personal perception and interpretation
of the BFSA's Race & Politics Forum's discussion titled: *"The
Political, Social & Cultural Impact of Barack Obama's Candidacy"*where
President-elect Obama is seen as a */candidate. /*What is he a candidate
for?

The */title as is,/* in my opinion, would have been suitable when he was
still running for Democratic party nomination, and later for presidency.
However, now that he is */signed and sealed for history, a/*
/*president-elect,*/ the idea of discussing his candidacy is outdated,
and quite frankly, after the facts! To many outside observers, people
may give lots of interpretations to the use of the word "candidacy"
including, but not limited to, BFSA's naivety to fact that he is a
*/president-elect /*after all.

While realizing that hindsight is always 20-20, and the cat is already
let out of the bag, I */strongly/* suggest a modification of the title
to read "The Political, Social & Cultural Impact of Barack Obama's
presidency [on the Black community]"

Frank

Frank Akpadock, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Regional Scientist
Center for Urban & Regional Studies
Youngstown State University
Phone: (330) 941-1406
Fax: (330) 941-1527