[bfsa] Thank You

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Wed Oct 1 09:31:27 EDT 2008

 Very nicely stated.

Hasheen Wilson wrote:

>Brothers and Sisters,
>

>It is with great pleasure and excitement that I thank everyone for their
>vote of confidence in becoming President Elect of BFSA!
>

>I would like to thank the election committee for their thoroughness
>(literally being foot soldiers) in seeing the process through. Also,
all my predecessors, their cabinets and body who have propelled us thus
far; I do not take it for granted of all the time, efforts and energy
all have contributed. I pledge to devote the necessary time, effort and
GOD given talents to propel BFSA to new heights. I have full confidence
in our newly elected officers and all of you to ensure that we can
accomplish the following goals:

>.         BFSA to be seen as a  vibrant intellectual group of
individuals,purposely premised on making a positive impact for the
betterment of the YSU community.

>.      Establish membership committee to increase paid members and
encourage participation of those members

>.         Establish committee to review our constitution and bylaws and
ensure we adhere to them

>.         Ensure meetings are held regularly (publish an annual
calendar of events) and in a timely manner

>.         To help ensure the universities integrity and accountability
withthe diversity initiative for recruiting and retaining
underrepresented faculty, staff and students by ensuring BFSA is
involved in the process.

>We will have a general assembly meeting on October 8th at 5:15pm in the
Bresnahan I room at Kilcawley Center. We will not make a habit of one
week notice meetings (except reason's unforeseen) but for the sake of
our presidential election and our active participation this is
necessary. I ask all of you to attend in record numbers, so we as the
newly elected officers will have the opportunity to meet and greet with
you. If you have not paid
>your dues you can do so at this time or prior to treasure-elect JoAnn
Traylor. Also, at this time you will have the opportunity to engage in
one of the above mentioned committees.

>Humbly yours,
>

>Hasheen Wilson
>

>"Greatness is accomplished when no one is around"

                         Name: Hasheen Wilson.vcf
                         Type: application/octet-stream
                         Encoding: QUOTED-PRINTABLE