[bfsa] FW: Nominations for BFSA Executive Officers

Trev Watt trev44506 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 18:48:26 EDT 2008

Yulanda,

Thank you for sending out the information, and thanks
to everyone who contributed to this process. I am
impressed. Most organizations that I have been apart
of or seen in action rarely ever have maximum
paticipation from its members under any condition. And
I acknowledge and give much respect to those who
decided to actually show up in spite of busy schedules
and other obligations. (Sorry I couldn't be there)

I think that the process is sufficient and should stay
the way it is. As esteemed disciples of your
profession, I trust your knowledge and thought
process. And whomever is elected will have my full
support. Thanks to all that were there and for those
that are always there, because without you, the BFSA
would be nothing more than an acronym.

Good job and keep up the good work.

Go BFSA and Go Barack OBAMA!!

--- Rufus Hudson <rghudson at ysu.edu> wrote:

> Yulanda, I am confused. This is not being done in
> the proper sequence
> according to any organization I have ever been
> associated with or
> Roberts Rules of Order. Most processes go like this:
>
> 1.	A nominating committee should have been
> established
> 2.	A criteria for nominations established
> 3.	A request made to all interested/eligible to
> apply
> 4.	Either a vote on each office or a slate of
> candidates should be
> submitted to the body.
> 5.	A vote to either close nominations or accept the
> slate as
> presented by the nominating committee should be done
>
> You cannot have names already submitted, now put
> together a committee
> and then accept new names. I think we should have
> another meeting and
> begin the process afresh. This time do it the
> correct way. Rufus
>

> Rufus G. Hudson,CBA, Metro Marketing Coordinator,YSU
> Metro College, 100
> Debartolo Place, Suite 200 Youngstown, Ohio 44512
>
> E-mail: rghudson at ysu.edu
>
> Phone : (330)-941-2468
>
> Fax: (330)-965-5811
>
> "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he
> stands in moments of
> comfort and convenience, but where he stands at
> times of challenge and
> controversy."
>
> Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

=== message truncated ===>