[bfsa] New BFSA Executive Elected

Cameron Hughes cahughes at cc.ysu.edu
Tue Sep 30 09:45:45 EDT 2008

Yulanda McCarty-Harris wrote:

> Thank you, Dr. Wan-Tatah for your warm words. It is all of you who made
> the process run smoothly, and we could not have completed the task with
> your cooperation.  Please advise Dr. Wan-Tatah if it is you or the new
> President who calls a meeting so that everyone can officially hear from
> the new President and the other Executive officers.
>
> Dr. Akpadock wrote:
>
> >Congratulations to the newly elected  Executive Members of the BFSA. We
> >look forward to assisting you raise the bar of BFSA's presence in the
> >YSU's community to new heights!
> >
> >Frank Akpadock
> >
> >Victor Wan-Tatah wrote:
> >
> >> It is with great pleasure and satisfaction that I announce the
> >> election of the BFSA Executive Council. With the final tally of
> >> ballots by the Election Committee led by the Chair, Ms. Yulanda
> >> McCarthy-Harris, here are the results:
> >>
> >> President- Hasheen Wilson
> >> Vice-President -  Dr. Jeff Tyus
> >> Treasurer - JoAnn Traylor
> >> Secretary- Brenda Scarborough
> >>
> >> I would like to take this opportunity to thank Yulanda and her
> >> committee for the great service they have rendered to our
> >> organization, and to the old Executive Council for their years of
> >> service to our people at YSU. It is my earnest hope that the new
> >> administration will continue from where we have left off on diversity
> >> issues, and to forge new ways to make our presence felt on campus.
> >> Thanks to everyone of you who contributed to our success during the
> >> past few years.
> >>
> >> Long live BFSA
> >> Victor Wan-Tatah
> >> Out-going President

> ------------------------------
> Yulanda McCarty-Harris. Esq.
> Director of Equal Opportunity
> and Diversity
> Youngstown State University
> One University Plaza
> Youngstown, Ohio 44555
> ymccartyharris at ysu.edu

Now that the election is over :-)

When are we going to  see an agenda for BFSA  from the new administration?
Was there a student appointed to the executive council yet?
As an organization have we thought about what impact this historic
presidential race  should have on our planning for February?
As an organization do we have any obligation  with respect to getting out
the vote  for this election?
When  and where will the next general assembly meeting be held?
Have we resolved the issue of  equitable representation at the department
chair and  dean levels  in YSU?
There was talk about getting office space in Todd hall for the BFSA , is
that still under consideration?
Have all of  the funding sources from the University to BFSA been
identified?
Who has been assigned  the task of performing exit interviews for  faculty
and staff that leave the University?

LOL!

Oh  by the way  congratulations new officers and  welcome aboard!!!