[bfsa] Faculty Summit on Engagement

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Fri Apr 10 16:39:38 EDT 2009

FYI

The ENGAGEMENT TEAM of the Division of Academic Affairs is sponsoring a
FACULTY SUMMIT ON ENGAGEMENT on Friday, April 17, 2009 from 8:30 a.m. -
1:00 p.m.  Faculty and staff are invited to attend this program to be
held in the DeBartolo Stadium Club.

The focus of the program is on the varied ways in which we engage our
students, faculty, and staff with the community to support
institutional goals and enhance the students' attainment of learning
outcomes.

This program supports the Academic Affairs strategic goal to "Place
engagement at the center of the YSU educational experience so that all
students will encounter "the invitation to engagement" as a permeant
element in their curricula."

Individuals attending this Summit will learn about how engagement
activities are incorporated throughout academic programs, including
volunteer work, community service, internships, and field experiences.

At the end of the program, attendees will identify action steps for
furthering engagement initiatives on campus.

To RSVP for this program please email rsbradley at ysu.edu or call the
WCBA Office of the Dean at 330-941-3064.

Betty Jo Licata
on behalf of the ENGAGEMENT TEAM

bjlicata at ysu.edu
330-941-2737