[bfsa] FW: National Wear Red Day is this Friday, February 6. How will you Go Red For Women?

Yulanda McCarty-Harris ymccartyharris at ysu.edu
Thu Feb 5 17:33:40 EST 2009

fyi

  _____

From: American Heart Association [mailto:email at heart.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 2:25 PM
To: ymccartyharris at ysu.edu
Subject: National Wear Red Day is this Friday, February 6. How will you Go
Red For Women?

Having trouble viewing this message? You may also
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDI/index.html> view it as a web page.
To prevent mailbox filters from deleting your American Heart Association
email communications,
please add email at heart.org to your address book.

<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDM/index.html>

<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDQ/index.html> Go Red For Women Home |
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDM/index.html> Heart CheckUp | Community
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDU/index.html>  | Wear Red Day
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDY/index.html>  |
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDc/index.html> Partners

National Wear Red Day is Friday, February 6. How  will you Go Red For Women?

Dear Yulanda,

  <http://www.informz.net/heart/data/images/gored/michelle_150px.jpg> With
the help of men and women like you, as well as companies and volunteers
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDg/index.html>  that support us, we have made a significant impact around
the issue of women and heart disease. In fact, in the last six years we have
raised awareness of the fact that heart disease is the number one killer of
women and also raised over $153 million towards much needed research of
cardiovascular disease. However, our work is not done. Heart disease is
still the No. 1 killer, and there are too many women who are not aware of
this disease and  the actions they can take to reduce their risk, and as a
result are dying at the rate of 1 per minute. It's Our Hearts. Our Choice.
Together we can beat heart disease.

That's why this Friday, February 6, hundreds of thousands of people will
celebrate National Wear Red Day
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDk/index.html> . It's the day to wear your favorite red clothes or
accessory - a red blouse, a red dress pin, a fabulous red handbag - put on
red lipstick, or sport a red tie and red socks. Go red in your own fashion
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTA/index.html>  to show your support for women. Join us in our fight
against heart disease
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTE/index.html>  and you'll receive a free red dress pin to wear and go
red any day of the year.

  <http://www.informz.net/heart/data/images/gored/border-line.jpg>

<http://www.informz.net/heart/data/images/gored/macyslogo_whitebgd_150px.jpg

Help raise funds and look great in red!
Macy's, a proud national sponsor of Go Red For Women, will help us celebrate
National Wear Red Day. This Thursday-Sunday (Feb. 5-8), Macy's will offer an
all-day savings for customers wearing red. For those who forget their red,
Macy's is offering a Red Dress pin and the all-day savings to those who make
a $2 donation in the store to the American Heart Association. All
contributions received will benefit the Go Red For Women movement. Learn
more about Macy's support of Go Red.
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTI/index.html>

Thank you to all for your support!

Sincerely,
Your friends at the American Heart Association

P.S. - Going red is about finding your own way to take part in the fight
against heart disease in women. Whether it's donating towards research and
education, attending local events, visiting your healthcare provider,
purchasing products that support the cause, or supporting National Wear Red
Day, you can do something special to love your heart
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTM/index.html> .

  <http://www.informz.net/heart/data/images/gored/border-line.jpg>

Nationally sponsored by:

<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MDg/index.html%0d%0a%20>

Donate
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTQ/index.html>  | Learn
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTU/index.html> & Live Quiz | Forward
<http://www.informz.net/heart/SendToFriend.asp?brandid=379&email=ymccartyhar
ris at ysu.edu&mfqid=7211425&mi=722274&l=1&returnUrl=http://www.goredforwomen.o
rg&brid=169>  to a Friend

TM Go Red trademark of the American Heart Association, Red Dress trademark
of DHHS.

You have received this communication because you have registered online or
at an event for news from the American Heart Association and American Stroke
Association.

To be removed from this email/newsletter list, please use the link below and
follow the instructions.

Remove
<http://www.informz.net/heart/optout.asp?uid=307153471&mi=722274&fid=215>
my address from this email/newsletter list

Remove
<http://www.informz.net/heart/default.asp?action=u&email=ymccartyharris@ysu.
edu&mi=722274&fid=215>  my address for all association mailings

You will be removed from the email/newsletter list within 24 hours.

Privacy Policy
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTY/index.html>  | Ethics Policy
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTc/index.html>  | Conflict of Interest Policy
<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MjIyNzQmcD0xJnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmxpPTI4ND
Y1MTg/index.html>

American Heart Association
Attn: Email Subscriptions Groups
7272 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, Tx 75231-4596

<http://www.informz.net/z/cmVkOC5hc3A_dT0zMDcxNTM0NzEmbWk9NzIyMjc0Jmw9MA/ind
ex.html> Informz

<http://www.informz.net/z/cmVkNi5hc3A_bWk9NzIyMjc0JnU9MzA3MTUzNDcxJmI9Mzc5/i
mage.gif>