[bfsa] Issue One Update

ymccartyharris at ysu.edu ymccartyharris at ysu.edu
Tue May 4 15:43:37 EDT 2010

Today is Election Day, so I hope everyone is doing their part to secure
passage of State Issue One.

It's not too early to thank the Issue One campaign and its coordinators and
managers for a very strong finish to this campaign.  Thanks especially to
JoAnn Davidson, David Wilhelm, Richard Stoff and Matt Cox for their
leadership.  Chancellor Fingerhut has provided aggressive leadership in
support of this cause.

I want to thank the University community for all it has done to support
passage of State Issue One.  We have supported the campaign with our time,
energy and resources.  The university community should be proud of your
demonstrated ability to support this critical public policy agenda for the
State of Ohio.

Although precise accounting is difficult, we know that IUC member
institutions made over 2,694,280 contacts educating the public regarding the
Third Frontier Program and State Issue One.  Those contacts included:

*        Over 1,499,720 emails and tweets

*        Over 97,570 flyers, letters,  and direct mail pieces

*        8 newspaper articles and 26 editorials and op-ed pieces

*        117 Radio and TV appearances and independent advertisements

Voter turnout will probably determine whether we succeed, so it's not too
late to remind our supports to vote!

Once again, thanks for all you do.

Bruce Johnson

President, IUC