[bfsa] Over 1, 000 signatures filed -- SB 5 repeal begins with you on April 9th

Hasheen Wilson hawilson at ysu.edu
Tue Apr 5 08:46:34 EDT 2011

  <http://aces.ohea.org/images/content/pagebuilder/11039.jpg>

Dear HASHEEN,

Minutes ago, the We Are Ohio coalition filed nearly three times the 1,000
valid signatures needed to begin the process of repealing Senate Bill 5 via
a citizens' veto.  We are proud to report that over 1,400 signatures came
from OEA members and OEA volunteers' efforts. Now, we're focused on the
April 9th Kick-off rally
<http://aces.ohea.org/site/R?i=KTKtlW8o_Cw1dojggjzg1g..>  and local petition
circulator trainings
<http://aces.ohea.org/site/R?i=L8jr-vRElF1A-oL_R1rJIw..> .

On this day in 1968, Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis. The
day before, he delivered his famous speech about reaching the mountaintop,
in support of public sector workers fighting for their voice on the job.
Throughout the state today, there are over 20 rallies and events
commemorating and celebrating his work and passion and our effort to
continue to give voice to public servants and the middle class.

The submission of these initial signatures marks the beginning of Ohioans
taking back control of the direction of our state from politicians who have
sought to silence our voices.  This signature filing begins the 10 day
window where we train and organize while the Secretary of State and Attorney
General review our submission.

The next critical step takes place on Saturday, April 9th, when we'll
kick-off the campaign to repeal SB 5.  This important event will run from 12
noon to 3 pm, and we need you there to demonstrate your commitment to
repealing this bill <http://aces.ohea.org/site/R?i=rP5VtqmMVlqSGAlYutiNaA..>
. Members and their families are asked to stop by the OEA (225 E. Broad St.)
first, and then continue on to the Statehouse.

Join us on Saturday, April 9th to send a message that we won
<http://aces.ohea.org/site/R?i=USuAd1naQyTXKxUprUvrFw..> 't stand for
attacks on the collective bargaining rights of public employees. We will
stand up for our students, our neighbors and our communities and we will
work to ensure that Senate Bill 5 is repealed by the people of Ohio. Bring
your colleagues, neighbors, friends and family with you on Saturday.

  <http://aces.ohea.org/site/PixelServer?j=6gCpUqqthko3lrqXvbdXkg..>

 <http://aces.ohea.org/site/R?i=61Pbt3E4OIwHF-9Xr_wFUQ..> Powered By Convio