[bfsa] !! PLEASE DISREGARD PREVIOUS EMAIL AND USE THIS ONE !! Your efforts are making a difference against SB5!

Hasheen Wilson hawilson at ysu.edu
Wed Feb 23 09:00:51 EST 2011

Dear HASHEEN,

Over 3,000 OEA members joined 10,000 - 15,000 Ohioans at the Statehouse
today to rally against Senate Bill 5. Your commitment to public education is
making a difference, and your calls, emails and presence at the Statehouse
is getting the attention of our elected officials. Despite the challenging
weather, educators came to Columbus after school from all over Ohio.

Rallies and public demonstrations are just one part of the effort to make
our voices heard in opposition to this bill.  OEA members have sent over
37,000 constituent emails to their elected officials and hundreds of members
turned out to events in Dayton, Youngstown and Columbus in the past two
days. Hundreds, if not thousands, of OEA members are joining other working
people in Canton right now to demonstrate against these anti-education,
anti-student and anti-jobs efforts.

Tomorrow, armed with the public support and momentum that we saw today at
the Statehouse, we must re-double our efforts to make sure our State
Senators know how many Ohioans are opposed to this bill.  The best way to do
that is through our Educator Connector phone line, at 888-907-7309.  This
service connects you directly to the State Senator who represents you,
allowing all OEA members to call one number and be connected to their
elected official.

We need you to call tomorrow and get 3 other OEA members to call
888-907-7309 too. Every day, more and more OEA members are getting involved
in this effort, and parents, neighbors and friends are joining in too.
You've taken action to protect our schools and students, and now we need
your help to ensure more members take action too.

To keep our momentum building, please contact at least 3 of your closest
colleagues and make sure they call 888-907-7309 tomorrow. Together, we can
raise our voices and make clear the broad and passionate opposition to this
bill.

Please continue to contact your legislators and urge them to oppose Senate
Bill 5. <http://aces.ohea.org/site/R?i=ffepPWY1Gp44cRoeZBKlgA..>

 <http://aces.ohea.org/site/R?i=JD4Vrt9TO3lsvGFDRnu62w..> Description: Image
removed by sender. Powered By Convio

To Unsubscribe Click Here