[bfsa] BBQ for Obama 2012

Hasheen Wilson hawilson at ysu.edu
Thu Aug 23 11:14:12 EDT 2012

All,

First off, I would like to welcome everyone back and wish you a successful year!

BFSA plans to have a number of events during the year. So, please stayed tuned and open to participate and or share your thoughts. Speaking of an events, I hope you can attend the event below that is dual purposed:

1.       Allowing us to network / share in an informal setting

2.       Fundraiser to support Obama 2012! Are you IN ??

Sincerely,

Hasheen Wilson, BFSA- President

Good Day Everyone,

The plan so far is to, thru donations, keep a barbecue (at 484 S Raccoon Road, Austintown, Ohio 44515. The apartments are called Hillbrook, we'll be by the clubhouse/reception area. It’s from 2:00 pm to about 8:00 pm .

my apartment complex in Austintown) to host the majority ranks of the African Family Association of Greater Youngstown and Western Pennsylvania (AFAGY) and YSU Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA) families we have here in North Eastern Ohio. We will ask attendees to come and eat great African, ethnic and southern foods, enjoy an excellent vibe, and donate whatever possible via computers on-site, directly to our President. Barack Obama's campaign webpage. We, for the most part are in support of our Presidents Vision, and would love to see it reach fruition in tandem with his re-election come November.

If you DON't KNOW, then this message is for you:  President Barack Obama is fighting for you, for me, for the American people. I am honored to be part of the team that is working so hard to re-elect the President. Barack Obama has already done so much that has helped so many people, he saved the auto industry, he's expanded health care for millions of Americans, he ended the war in Iraq and he's an advocate for equal rights for everyone. As the President has said, there is still so much more to do, and we need to make sure he gets the chance to continue what he's started. If we're successful, America will be an even better place than it already is.

The greeting of the dashboard.BarackObama.com Grassroots Fundraising group is as follows. And I quote

"Welcome to grassroots fundraising! Whether you are veteran fundraiser or you are just getting started, bringing your friends and family into this campaign has never been more important.

Grassroots fundraising is the core of our efforts to raise money and propel President Obama forward.

We know we’re going to be outspent by our opponent- but with your help, we can make sure the President keeps things close. This campaign is funded by more than 2.2 million folks like you– real people giving what they can afford. Every donation you get is one more step towards ensuring another four years of progress.

As a grassroots fundraiser you’ll create a page to keep track of your progress and reach out to your friends and family. You’ll have access to plenty of resources and tips on how to get the word out and build an even strong grassroots network.

You can also use this group to access other helpful tools and learn more about how you can get involved from home. You’ll also meet other grassroots fundraisers in your area, share best practices, and help get more folks fired up to support President Obama.

Thanks for everything you’re doing."

Our Job, if we choose to accept it, is to try and make this happen. The tentative date is Saturday August 25th at about 4pm. I will create a private event on dashboard.barackobama.com to let them (the Obama Campaign) know we mean business. We can all help out by circulating the word on this event, whether to BFSA members, AFAGY members, other affiliations and immediate loved ones. Anything you or your guests can donate will also be greatly appreciated, as it will probably take great lengths to defeat Rmoney and his superpac buddies. I will gladly take any recommendations on what to include in the "to be distributed" flier. If what I have put in this email should suffice, let me know also.

Sincerely

Stephen Rhoden PhD.