[bfsa] New CWCS Blog: The GOP, Black "Underclass, " and Working-Class Studies

Hasheen Wilson hawilson at ysu.edu
Tue Feb 7 09:47:54 EST 2012

On behalf of John Russo:

In Working-Class Perspectives
<http://workingclassstudies.wordpress.com/> this week, guest blogger
Clarence Lang analyzes the way Republican presidential candidates are using
"the underclass" to tap into some voters' racism and why we in working-class
studies have to challenge that divisive language. The Center for
Working-Class Studies  encourages responses in the Comments section of the
blog site.

Hasheen Wilson, MCIS
Network Administrator 2, Youngstown State University
President-BFSA, Youngstown State University
"Exercising Our Voice, Influencing Change"
hawilson at ysu.edu
330.941.2734 office