[URBANTH-L]AAA and the strike

Robert T. O'Brien robrien at temple.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:21:18 EDT 2004

Dear Colleagues:

I'm writing to ask what people know about AAA and the SF
UNITE HERE strike (now a lockout).

I've seen many letters to the AAA Exec Board and to section
groups calling to move the conference. The SCA has called on
the Exec Board to move it. SAW is formulating a response now.

Anyone else know what's going on within the AAA?

Best,

Rob O'Brien
Robert T. O'Brien
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Anthropology
Temple University
robrien at temple.edu
215-803-5181

"We're changing the world,...freedom is the Almighty's gift to every man and woman in this world. And as the greatest power on the face of the Earth, we have an obligation to help the spread of freedom." GWB on
why God loves an imperialist

"...a really diverse crowd here tonight. The haves, and the have-mores. Some people call you elite. I call you my base." GWB at the Al Smith fundraiser, October 19, 2000