[URBANTH-L]Run the AAA Newspaper Ad

Robert T. O'Brien robrien at temple.edu
Tue Oct 26 15:11:31 EDT 2004

Dear AAA Board,

I'm writing to express my strong support for Alan Goodman's
idea (conveyed in a widely circulate email to Polly Strong)
re: taking out a large newspaper ad in support of the union.

If we hope to support UNITE HERE Local 2 in pressuring the
MEG hotels into agreeing to a cooling-off, tomorrow would be
the time to run such an ad.

I'm sure you will receive similar calls for AAAUnite and
other AAA members supporting this excellent idea.

Best,

Rob O'Brien
Robert T. O'Brien
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Anthropology
Temple University
robrien at temple.edu
215-803-5181

"We're changing the world,...freedom is the Almighty's gift to every man and woman in this world. And as the greatest power on the face of the Earth, we have an obligation to help the spread of freedom." GWB on
why God loves an imperialist

"...a really diverse crowd here tonight. The haves, and the have-mores. Some people call you elite. I call you my base." GWB at the Al Smith fundraiser, October 19, 2000