[URBANTH-L]TOC: City and Society, Dec 2005

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Sat Dec 17 11:03:23 EST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

Below is the C&S table of contents from Kathleen  Bubinas' message.

Angela

Special issue of City and Society on Chicago

Volume 17, Number 2/December 2005

Introduction: Revisiting "The City": the social production of urban space in Chicago

Kathleen Bubinas

Gandhi Marg: the social construction and production of an ethnic economy in Chicago

pp. 161-179

Kathleen Bubinas

Space and Place in the Metropolis: Arabs and Muslims seeking safety

pp. 181-209

Louise Cainkar

"If We Let the Market Prevail, We Won't Have a Neighborhood Left:" religious agency and urban restructuring on Chicago's southwest side

pp. 210-234

Elfriede Wedam

Mexican Mothers Retelling the City: stories from the 'parents as writers' workshop

pp. 235-265

Janise Hurtig

The Downside of Racial Uplift: the meaning of gentrification in an African American neighborhood

pp. 267-290

Michelle Boyd

Commentary:  What is Special about Chicago?

pp. 291-305

Janet L. Abu-Lughod

For further information on this journal go to journals at ucpress.edu