[URBANTH-L]San Jose AAA meeting

David W. Haines dhaines1 at gmu.edu
Tue Dec 20 07:22:47 EST 2005

Re: AAA meeting in San Jose (November 15 - 19, 2006)

The general deadline for submission of papers and panels
for this next AAA meeting in San Jose will be March 31,
2006. More immediately, however, two quick points:

1. Let me know any thoughts on an interlocutor session for
this next meeting. The interlocutor session on "Washington
and the Landscape of Fear" went very well, for example,
and it is possible that some kind of locality focus on the San
Jose area itself might be appropriate for this next year.

2. The deadline for consideration of a panel for SUNTA invited
status will again be March 1. Those proposals should be sent
directly to me. Feel free to raise any possibilities for discussion
before then.

Also, many thanks to all of you who organized or chaired panels,
presented papers, or simply attended sessions in Washington.
SUNTA's thirty-one sessions were--from what I saw personally
and heard form others--of very good quality.

Best regards,

David Haines
SUNTA President-Elect and Program Chair
dhaines1 at gmu.edu