[URBANTH-L] CFP: 3rd Asia Pacific Conference on Reproductive and Sexual Health

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Fri Jun 10 11:54:56 EDT 2005

3rd Asia Pacific Conference on Reproductive and Sexual Health
Marina Mahathir, Malaysia
November 17-21, 2005

On behalf of the Local Organising Committee for the 3rd Asia Pacific Conference on Reproductive and Sexual Health (3rd APCRSH), I would like to extend a cordial invitation to you and all those who are involved in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights and all interested parties to attend and participate in the forthcoming Conference that will be held in Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia, which is a satellite town just 15 km from the capital city of Kuala Lumpur from 17th to 21st November 2005.

The theme of this Conference, "Expanded and Comprehensive Response in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) for all Communities," will examine relevant current issues that arose since the last International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) and beyond, and with special reference to the Asia Pacific Region.

This will be a great opportunity for policy makers, programme planners, programme managers, service providers, GOs, NGOs, researchers, educators and funders to meet, discuss and share experiences, ideas as well as expertise with their counterparts from Asia and the Pacific Region on important reproductive and sexual health issues.  To join us at the conference, please register as a participant at http://www.3apcrsh.org/registration.htm.

The Conference will be organised in the form of plenary sessions, symposia, parallel and satellite sessions to explore, discuss and exchange experiences and views on the various current and emerging issues in the field of sexual and reproductive health in the Asia Pacific Region and throughout the world.  There will also be skills building and empowerment workshops and poster sessions during the Conference.

The good news is that the deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 15th July 2005.  Kindly submit your abstracts at http://www.3apcrsh.org/usrParticipatelogin.aspx.

We also like to invited International Organisations and NGOs who have an interest in sexual and reproductive health, as well as companies related to healthcare/medical for participation as trade exhibitors at the upcoming 3rd APCRSH.  Kindly email your enquiries to waikin.wong at meditechmedia.com.

We look forward to welcome you at this Conference.  We will like to share with you the knowledge and experiences of all fellow participants in striving the ICPD Programme of Action as well as the Millennium Development Goals in sexual and reproductive health and rights.

Dr. Kamaruzaman Ali
Chairperson, Local Organising Committee
3rd APCRSH 2005, Malaysia