[URBANTH-L]CFP: Beijing Ten Years Later

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Tue Jun 21 11:04:56 EDT 2005

 Beijing Ten Years Later

 Description
The UNSRID is sponsoring a series of regional conferences to focus on the
status of women since the 1995 conference. The conference for the North
American region is co-sponsored with the Program of Women's Studies at The
Pennsylvania State University. With this call for papers, we invite
participation in the conference from scholars, activists, NGOs,
artists/writers and filmmakers. We encourage a diversity of perspectives as
well as presentation styles. Participants may present their work via
academic papers, artistic performances, activist workshops, plenary sessions
and keynote addresses that explore the important issues raised at Beijing
ten years after that monumental event. Every effort will be made to have all
activities translated into Spanish, English and French. The Zoller Gallery
will be used as an alternative conference site for scheduled performances
and a group art exhibition. Please include in your conference proposal
exhibition details including dimensions, scale, material and 1-3 images
(jpegs). Gallery information can be accessed at
http://www.sva.psu.edu/zoller.html. For more information regarding
alternative format possibilities contact Dr. Stephanie Springgay at
sss23 at psu.edu. We invite proposals which focus one or more of the following
interdependent themes: Economic Globalization, Environment and Equality
Work, Health and Welfare Citizenship Democracy and Social Justice Frontline
Feminisms, Violence and Social Change

 Contact Information
Lorraine Dowler
Penn State University