[URBANTH-L]Necessary Abstractions

GABRIELLA MODAN modan.1 at osu.edu
Sun May 1 00:16:13 EDT 2005

It's not a zero-sum game. The conversations that we
have with each other are not necessarily the
conversations we have with people in the communities
we work in, although ideally those conversations
influence each other. It should go without saying
that just because researchers may have some
scholarly interests that may be abstracted from
practical issues (which is not to say that this was
even the case for the conference in question) does
not mean that those very same people are not doing
applied work, and applied work that is theoretically
informed.

Galey Modan