[URBANTH-L]the Army's Take on Anthropology (Responses)

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Wed May 25 11:37:13 EDT 2005

From: Paul McDowell <paulanthropus at cox.net>

Perhaps if the army really took anthropology seriously--and for that matter
the U.S. government--we wouldn't be in this hellish mess. I hope that
anthropologists avoid doing this kind of dirty work, but as usual there is
always one--hundred thousand.

Paul McDowell
Instructor in Anthropology
Santa Barbara City College

From: Virginia Cornue <cornue at rci.rutgers.edu>

A little look back to our own war history might be in order as well:
Weren't we taught that  the Am Revolutionaries defeated the British,
because they hid in the trees and picked off the Red Coats who were in
formation in the fields? the British unable to imagine war in any other
form. Well, not that simple, but....