[URBANTH-L]AAA Committee on Refugees & Immigrants (CORI) Business Meeting

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Sun Nov 27 23:23:07 EST 2005

>From Ted Hamann <ehamann2 at unl.edu>

The Committee on Refugees & Immigrants (CORI) focuses on the global problems
of forced dislocation, the provision of asylum and resettlement to refugees,
and the adjustment of immigrants. CORI is part of the American
Anthropological Association's Society for Urban, National, and
Transnational/Global Anthropology (SUNTA). The CORI Business Meeting is held
separately from the main SUNTA business meeting and this year will convene
on Friday December 2, 2005 from 6:15 PM - 7:30 PM (location should be in the
AAA program book).

Topics on the draft agenda include:
* Further discussion of two of SUNTA's Dec. 2 invited sessions: "Immigrants
and the Practice of "Citizenship": Perspectives from Europe and the U.S."
and "Global Childhood: The Use of Child Fostering among Transnational
Migrants";
* Sharing current recent projects (for the explicit purpose of networking
and welcoming graduate students and other newcomers);
* Revisiting what we want CORI to be and laying out a two-year agenda;
* Attending to housekeeping details like considering whether to create a new
CORI listserv or whether SUNTA's listserv sufficiently meets our needs.

Please email Ted Hamann (ehamann2 at unl.edu) with any suggested additions.

If there is sufficient interest, we can head out to dinner together after
the meeting.

--

Ted Hamann, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor